About Our School
Welcome to Parkside Elementary School
We are a Title 1 school that receives federal funds used to support our kindergarten through fifth-grade students with three highly qualified teachers at each grade level. Parkside is fortunate to house our Life Skills program, which serves students from the entire Grants Pass School District. Our classroom sizes range from 20 – 28 students with PE and Music provided to all grade levels. Fourth graders have access to a strings program while fifth grade has access to band and strings. Parkside accepts and supports all people, encouraging them to reach their fullest potential in a respectful, motivating, and nurturing environment. By meeting and individualizing our student’s social, emotional, and academic needs, we empower them with a broad and balanced education preparing them to be effective participants in society.
- Parkside is a community of learners where shared decision-making is based on the needs of our students.
- Students, families, staff and community work together to form an active partnership.
- Grade level teams encourage collaboration, communication and cooperation through respect and trust.
- All students are encouraged to explore and develop their individual talents.
- High expectations guide students to develop at their own pace.
- Learners develop confidence through effective, skillful, and innovative teaching.